Whew, it sure has been a long time! Looks like I stopped blogging right around when life got crazy (and I got nauseated… ha!). Here’s some of what’s happened since I last wrote:
- We finally moved into our new house! We’ve been doing house projects galore (including building built-ins from scratch!). It’s been a slow process to get the house set up, but some parts are finally getting just how I want them. We love this house and are so thankful.
- The day we moved into our new home (a few days after purchasing our first house!), Beach Dad found out his old company was tanking. (Smart man didn’t tell me until a few days later… I might have had an anxiety attack!) He found a new job fairly easily – hooray Silicone Harbor! – and it’s his favorite job yet.
- As we’ve gotten more and more plugged in in Charleston, we’ve experienced the blessings of friendships and a community we have longed & prayed for for years.
- Our biggest news is that April 2014, Beach Boy was born! He’s an incredibly sweet baby and brings us all such joy.
- “Beach Baby” is now 4 and not so much a baby anymore! “Beach Girl” is 6 and in kindergarten (mostly Montessori at home, but our own variation and I can’t wait to fill you in!) . They get new blog names now — “BeachGirl4” and “BeachGirl6”. I know – I’m so creative.
So much more daily life — growing, cleaning, cooking, laughing, crying, and learning together –has been happening. I’m excited to start blogging again; I’ve really missed it. I have so many posts and topics swirling around in my head and can’t wait to get them on a screen. I’m not sure how often I’ll post, but you can expect to see more of me around here than you have, at least! See you again soon!