Happy New Year! I hope that y’all had a great Christmas and are feeling refreshed and encouraged heading into the new year. We had a quiet Christmas at home in Charleston, just the four of us, and loved experiencing Christmas through the excited and delighted eyes of our children. It’s been a long time since I really experienced Christmas “like a child” and I was grateful for a taste of it this season!
As we enter 2013, I want to say “thank you” to y’all, my wonderful readers. I started this blog a little over 6 months ago and wasn’t sure if anyone beyond my family and close friends would care what I had to say, but I figured it’d be a fun creative outlet for me.
I’m blown away every time I check my Google Analytics to see how many of you are out there. (Over 12,000 page views since July!) When I look, at first I’m excited that so many people are checking in. Then, I get a little intimidated that there are so many people reading what I have to say (I try not to think about it too much so I can keep writing…). And, often, I start to wonder – who are all these people?!
I truly am so thankful and humbled that y’all would stop by! (And, I’d love to hear from you so I can get to know you too!)
Here are my most popular posts, according to Google analytics:
5. Pinterest Challenge: Kindle Case – Even though I struggled with a tricky buttonhole, I had fun participating in my first-ever Pinterest Challenge and (mostly) successfully completed one of my first sewing projects – a kindle case.
4. Pinterest Challenge: Magnetic Message Board – The second Pinterest Challenge, I was much less ambitious and made this fun magnetic message board using a dollar store cookie sheet. I just realized both my Pinterest Challenges were bird-themed…
3. DIY Fondue Night – This is one of our favorite at-home date nights and hopefully y’all have enjoyed some fondue of your own since I posted my recipes for meat and cheese fondues.
2. Give Great Gifts on a Bare-Bones Budget – Apparently I’m not the only one who has struggled to find great gifts with a minimal budget! The most popular posts in the series were gift ideas for teenage/20-something guys, for couples, and for moms. For links to all of the posts in this series, you can visit the series’ homepage.
1. Finger Foods for Babies – This is, by far, my most popular post this year. I hope my suggestions for baby’s first foods have helped you feed your baby… and get the chance to eat your own food! There are also some great ideas in the comments.
Now, I’d love to hear from you! Is there a general topic you’ve especially enjoyed reading about here? What would you like to see more of? I’ve really enjoyed blogging in 2012 and I hope that my blog is an encouragement and help to you. I’m looking forward to 2013!