I ordered our Christmas cards last night. (We used Cardstore*) Look at those smiling, happy children! Behind the scenes, we also had:
1. Me, dancing around like a fool to get those smiles.
2. Beach Girl squeezing Beach Baby a bit too hard. Repeatedly.
3. Snot under both my daughters’ noses because they’re sick this week.
4. Beach Girl’s meltdown because she wanted the bell Beach Baby was holding.
5. Beach Baby’s meltdown because she backed into the Christmas tree and it felt prickly on her neck.
If you were to make a Christmas card that reflected the reality of last night’s photo shoot – and, let’s face it, large parts of life in our home – it’d look like this:
Beach Dad and I have had several good laughs over this alternate card and seriously contemplated sending it. I’ll let my sweet girls send some real Christmas cheer to our friends and family, but I am printing one of these to remind myself of the real story behind our Christmas card (and probably everyone else’s… right?!).