I have a weakness for bakery bread. When I’m not dipping it in cheese fondue, I love to eat it plain, smothered in butter (especially Irish butter!), or dipped in olive oil. So, my sister’s recipe for bread salad is one of my favorite simple recipes. And, since its called “salad”, it’s totally healthy, right?
This recipe is super easy to throw together. (You’ll want to make it right before serving because the bread will get soggy otherwise.)
- 1 lb. bread – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. tomatoes, 3/4 inch diced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves or parsley, torn or cut into small pieces
Whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
Gently toss in tomatoes and herbs.
Pour over bread and toss to coat.